04 August 2007

Tossa de Mar



Originally uploaded by Scrapbooking Pat
The day after we arrived in Barcelona, we headed out with my Mom, Jon & Kathy & Nacho, and the Heykoops to a beach town called Tossa de Mar. I had been here a number of years ago and really loved it, so they agreed to go back.

Tossa de Mar is a fun little town right on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea. It comes complete with beaches (and the occasional topless sunbather), boats, restaurants specializing in seafood, and its own little castle.

We spent the day swimming, snorkeling, and lying in the sun. And, because apparently we can't ever just relax, Stacy and I swam out to this little rock-island and climbed to the top where we waved frantically for a bit (hoping my mom would see and take some pictures) before climbing back down the sharp rocks in our bare feet (ouch!) for the swim back. Impressive, eh?

1 comment:

Pat R said...

And I am SO SORRY that I missed getting a photo. I know you're okay with it, but I'm still disappointed with myself.