01 July 2007

Angel: the not-quite-naked Croatian roommate

Where to begin?

How about the fact that we thought we were in an all-female hostel room in Athens? Or the fact that the luggage said "Angel"?

Never mind that the shoes on the floor were strangely mannish. Or that any girl lugging that big of a backpack around would be crazy!

There are no words to express the level of trauma I experienced upon waking up to the hairy beast of a man sleeping in the bed next to me wearing only the smallest pair of not-quite speedo underwear.

Not only that, but when I opened my eyes, Angel promptly woke up to say a cheery, "Good morning!" Awkward!

It gets worse...Jen returns from the shower to see our new favorite Croatian lounging, and I mean lounging, on the bed while discussing linguistics and the best way to teach spelling through phonics to children. Talk about surreal!

I'm just thankful that I didn't give in to the urge to also sleep in my underwear because of the stifling heat. Lesson learned.

Sorry ladies, no pictures. :)

-Stacy

4 comments:

Kristen said...

At least you had a good laugh once you were alone again, right!? If not, I had a good laugh for you! I'm sure you'll have a great collection of travel stories before you're through! Miss you both!

Tim said...

Hilarious doesn't begin to describe that little piece of your trip.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
Wish I was a fly on the wall to see your face. So funny....

Anonymous said...

I actually read this one at the time it was posted. And all I can still say is "BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA"